.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Baghdad with one day to the Elections

     In less than 12 hours the poll station will be open. Of course there is a curfew, so we have to walk. But who cares??. This is the biggest elections any Iraqi could ever participate in. Previous elections were important, but this is the big one. This is the one that everyone has been preparing for for at least a month before.


     These elections are different. Everyone is realizing how important it is. No one is boycotting them. Everybody is going to vote, the question is, who are they going to vote for. Sadly, people in Iraq are still thinking in the way I'm-a-Sunni-I-vote-for-a-Sunni way. You can replace Sunni for Shia or Kurd. This is how it is. But yes, except for the 555 guys, most of the others are making coalitions with not just their class, but with others, some lists have a fairly good mixture of Shias-Sunnis-Kurds in them.


     So I decided I would take a walk to the nearby street, and take a photo of it, so you can see what I mean by EMPTY. By the way, I am not going to host pictures on blogger anymore, just on flickr. So they can be linked from else where. Pictures hosted on blogger do not show if they are linked to from other sites. Oh and I have made them small for the purpose of fast load, if you want more detail click on them to see a larger image. See below the empty street:




     There is a scandal that has just happened in Iraq now. With only one day to the elections, a truck coming from Iran was discovered with a full load of forged votes for.. Guess who??. Well, they have not said who, but there is really no doubt about the 555 list. Since many of it's candidates are actually Iranians. Yes I know I am going hard on them, but I just feel angry about this. Mostly because they are supposed to be the most honest, since they are religious. But no, they are not. They are depending on the masses of un-educated Shias in their campaigns. Putting pictures of Sistani in their posters, since Shias do ANYTHING he tells them to do, they put his picture so that people might vote for them.


     Oh well, I still feel optimistic about the elections. This one is different. I know I have been saying that a lot. But yes it is different. Biggest elections any Iraqi can ever participate in. Right now I have little flyers of every major list in Iraq. Sometimes I go look for them, others I just find them in my lap. Anyway, tomorrow is still the big day, so please stay tuned for my tomorrow post. Of course I will not go vote fist thing in the morning. I will wait for at least 10 AM, to see how things are, and to be hones, if they were messy, I will not go vote, sad to say. So if I go vote tomorrow, I promise you will see my finger again. Peace.



Note: This post has been emailed to my Email List subscribers.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arise Iraq!
Today is Your Day.
The whole world will be watching.
The evil people will shrink.
The good people will become giants.
Iraq is showing the way for all its neighbors.
It is not easy.
But it is the only way to peace and humanity.

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If things are so bad as to keep you from voting, Hassan, I suspect the election will not be successful.

This is it, my friend. You aren't voting for an interim government or a provisional government or any such thing; this is your real, sovereign government.

I heard the chairman of the Armed Services Committee of our House of Representatives at a press conference this afternoon. He was asked what if the new Iraqi government asks the U.S. to take our troops home. He said that you are electing a sovereign government and we would be obliged to meet that demand. That's an indication of how important this government will be.

Election Day!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...democracy breeds decent..
m

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made my finger purple here in the states being my father is and expatriot. Great feeling! Inernet in Iraq

11:36 PM  
Blogger mon said...

authentic fendi handbag
Do you know how to tell an authentic Fendi handbag from a fake one? In the following, I will give you some tips.


vitton wallet
Louis Vuitton has introduced so many kinds of wallets. Among so many vitton wallets, I like these two wallets most.


vitton luggage
Not knowing how to identify a vuitton luggage at the airport? Maybe you will find even your favourite idol also carry a replica vuitton luggage.


replica hand bags
Replica hand bags are also divided into several grades. Today I will share the four grades with you. The first grade is B-class.


high quality replica handbags
High quality replica handbags have something different to ensure their popularity among fashion people.


wholesale replica bags
With regard to wholesale replica bags, in addition to the terminal sales, all marketings are likely to be the wholesale link.


authentic fendi handbags
Are you wondering how to identify authentic Fendi handbags and the fake ones? In the following, I will give you some guidelines.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" I promise you will see my finger again. Peace!!! "



--------------------------------------
酒店打工

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Deluxe said...

What happened to you?

7:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160818
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
rolex submariner price
ray bans
boston celtics jerseys
adidas nmd
louis vuitton
oakley outlet
ugg slippers
adidas factory outlet
montblanc pens
louis vuitton canada
rolex watches
ray ban outlet
michael kors purses
michael kors handbags
christian louboutin pas cher
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton handbags
ghd flat iron
christian louboutin sale clearance
polo ralph lauren
kevin durant 9 shoes
ray ban sunglasses outlet
cheap pandora jewelry
canada goose jackets
cheap jordans
canada goose sale
coach outlet store online clearances
michael kors handbags
concords 11
christian louboutin sale
moncler coats
coach outlet online
mont blanc pens outlet
mont blanc pen
coach factory outlet
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet stores

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home